Dienstag, 28. April 2015

Promposal, Prom 2k15, San Antonio & more

Hey Guys!

Where do I begin? 3 weeks since my last post and so much happened! So let´s start with the biggest news.

I changed my host family for the second time now. But no worries, I´m still perfectly fine. After 5 weeks living with my second host family, my host mom and coordinator decided for me to move again. Unfortunately my host mom had an big family emergency and now she has a lot of stuff to take care of and she didn´t want me to be in the middle of it. I totally understand and accept this decision! Now I´m living with a good friend of her and her family - her husband, my 17-year old host sister, my 14-year old hist brother and two super cute dogs. They are all super nice and I like it here a lot :)

Benny

Chloe

Just a couple of days after I moved in with my new host family I went on the marching band spring trip and it was soooooooo amazing. If I could I would go back to San Antonio with all these great people as soon as possible! We left on a Thursday right after school with four charter busses. On our way to San Antonio we stopped at Cici´s Pizza, before we finally arrived at our hotel in the middle of the night. The next morning we woke up super early, because we had a comcert performance in the Tobin Center. The Tobin Center is a pretty cool building in Downtown San Antonio and I really enjoyed performing there. After our performance the fun part of our trip began. Not that the performance wasn´t fun but we didn´t have to be so serious and concentrated anymore:) We spent the afternoon in a mall right next to the famous river walk, before we headed to the Tobin Center again at night for the San Antonio Symphony performance.
The next day we spent the entire the entire say at Six Flags - an amusement park. Even though I only rode one roller coaster, I had a blast and really enjoyed this day!
Unfortunately Sunday was already the last day of our spring trip. After breakfast we checked out of the hotel and went to the Alamo. The last stop was the Hard Rock Cafe. When we were in the Hard Rock Cafe somothing worth mentioning happended:) During everybody was eating their lunch I went to the restroom. When I came back to my table eveybody was looking at me in a weird way. And suddenly one of the servants started - litterally screaming - "Happy Birthday to the German Exchange Student Carla!". Of course everybody was looking at me and I even got a free cup of ice cream. Oh, and just for the records: It wasn´t actually my birthday... Our band director was just messing around with me and wanted to bring me in an embarassing situation. Well, it worked out and I´ll probably never forget this "special moment" :D 




Can you find me?
Our hotel
"Birthday" Surprise




Polaroid<3






The next day - back in Pearland - I got officially asked to Prom. I already knew that I was going with this guy, so it was a huge surprise for me when I came into my class room with him in it standing in front of the whole asking me officially to Prom! A few days later - last Saturday - it was finally Prom Day! For the first time in my life I got my hair professionally done and I loved. I went with my two (former) host moms and we all had a lot of fun. Our Prom was at the Convention Center in Galveston right next to the beach. I had soo much fun with my friends and I even danced the entire time , which is the reason why I didn´t take a bunch of pictures...









My host dad taking pictures

 Now that Prom is over, I  only have 46 days left until I´m gonna come back to Germany. The thought of coming back is actually pretty scary. I know that I have changed and I don´t know how it´s gonna be like to be back. My life in Germany just seems so far away right now... We´ll, I try not to think about the whole going back thing too much, but it´s gonna be unavoidable.

"Don´t cry because it´s over. Smile because it happened!"


Next monday I´m going to visit Austin with my host family and the day before is already the last PAX party! I hope this is not going to be the last time I see all those great people... Also, in less than 3 weeks is our band banquet, which I´m pretty excited for. Everybody is saying the band banquet is the best one from all our school baquets. I´ll keep you updated about those evenst here on my blog. 

Here some other pics from the last weeks:

UIL with our band. We made 1st division!

Note in my locker:)

Getting ready for Prom - 1st pedicure


See y´all soon.
Carla

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen